Thursday 27 November 2008

Up Helly Ha Ha.

Last friday saw the graduation night of the Shetland Adult Learning Stand Up Comedy & Public Speaking course, taught by my very good self over the past cuppla months. Sold Oot! They came out to The Sound Hall, Lerwick in their droves (well, 60 capacity) through a snowy blizzard (True. Check the vid below and previous posts for the weather report,) and laughed into the night.

All my nervous little stooges delivered wonderful routines. I felt like a proud father watching them generate, command and respect the laughter. Not just funny but proffesional too.

With any luck this will be the prototype for The Shetland Comedy Club and we will see more of the same happen, with professionals from the mainland and locals.

Now check out dis widdar!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks fuckin brutal that weather. Well done wae the course, ah didnae know you were running one.

Sandy Nelson said...

Cheers dude,

I enjoyed the compereing too. Lots of self deprication. me being the outsider and that. Glasga fukkin goat it in the neck!

S.x.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're involved with the community. I was helping out a bit at a comedy club(really more like Red Raw) in Aberdeen, not performing, as I ain't a comedian. I was doing performance sound recording. Are you still teaching guitar up there too?....p.s. does Jane Mackay still do Comedy?

Anonymous said...

Well done, Sir! Mazel Tov to all concerned.

See while you're at the Adult Learning, how about 'focusing a camera 101' and 'spelling for professionals'?

Hi to the Mrs., the dug, the cat, etc.

Sandy Nelson said...

Sinky- Jane gave up a few years ago in a "mad wan." She was always good to me, though.

Roy- Sorry, sir, but my art hits the button without such obvious and boring conventions.

S.x